November 28, 2015

not ours


Looking at the mountains, the stars in the sky, the waterfalls, don't all of these things
point you to a Creator?
Someone who created the beautiful but yet heartbreaking world we live in?
Ah, yes. 
There is a peaceful feeling looking out at the mountains and knowing the One who created them.
Doesn't His creation point back to Him?
We look at the canyons and think about how beautiful it will be when we are standing face to face
with the God who created all of this.
This world is filled with so much hurt, agony and loss that often overtake all of the beautiful aspects.
We can look around and think, where is God in the midst of this?
Is not the world around us a reminder that
this world is not our home?
That there is more to our existence than just this life? 
We look around at the tragedies and think about how it is pointing to the time where we can leave all of this agony and enter an eternity with no tears. 
all in God's timing.

Oh, Lord, come quickly. 

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. isn't it true? I'm so glad our home is not in this world

      Delete
  2. I am so grateful to have found your blog, it has helped me strengthen my faith in God by allowing me to think about what you write. Thank you Lauren! This is a beautiful post, as always. Gods creations are so much bigger than we could ever imagine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you for leaving this comment! It is very encouraging to me :)
      God himself is so more amazing and wonderful that we can even fathom!

      Delete
  3. Nice post.
    I hope you check out my blog and please follow by email. creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    I also hope you check out my store and please purchase something. ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com
    I have a lot of sales going on right now, plus you can be entered in a giveaway if you purchase something. :)
    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :)
      I'm pretty sure I already followed!

      Delete
  4. This makes me think of Psalm 19:1-4 "The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies above proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech. Night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, the use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out to all the earth, their words to the end of the world."

    Thanks for sharing Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for pointing out the beauty in our world in times like these. Stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥