November 10, 2015

what about me?

Oh my dreams and wants, how important they seem. 
Every part of my soul likes to imagine what those dreams could look like.
So many people tell me I'm too young to dream.
There's too many other things you need to focus on right now. 
All of these emotions bottled up inside of me help me realize how selfish I can be.
I dream about situations and think about what it would be like if it happened the way I wanted. 
And when it doesn't happen the way I want it too, I break inside.
I think, 'what about me?'
and that's when I realize it's not all about me.
It's about loving and caring for other people before yourself and doing what is easiest for others.
it's not about my dreams.
it's not about my wants. 
It's about others.
It's about the greater plan that is in store for my life.
It's about loving on other people and putting their needs before our own. 

4 comments:

  1. This is so so beautiful, Lauren. <3 Thanks for your comment on my blog -- you are very talented, as well!

    Sarah // blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is great. And it describes me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥