This is actually a bit overwhelming how close I am to the next step of my life: another year of high school, driving in the coming summer, starting my first job this summer and the painful transition as I lose some of my best senior friends. I can't believe how just months ago I was thinking about May and the end of school and how far away it seemed.
April Goals
This happened! I read "One More Wish" by Robin Jones Gunn.
IT HAPPENED. I'm so thrilled to have over 100 followers: thank you to all of you who have made this possible. I am so grateful.
3. Memorize Scripture
I did put effort into memorizing a verse but I just didn't take the time I should have to really memorize a verse that personally related to my life that I could dwell on.
I really enjoyed my 16th birthday and I am grateful for the day I had off school/the friends I was able to spend it with.
I'm going to say this goal was completed because I called to find out that I wasn't getting a job at the place I applied. So this month, I will work on getting a job at the local YMCA.
6. Write 700 word story.
It just didn't happen this month. I started listing some names I wanted to use but the plot just didn't come to me this month.
It just didn't happen this month. I started listing some names I wanted to use but the plot just didn't come to me this month.
May Goals
1. Read 2 books
My goal is to read Victim of Grace by Robin Jones Gunn and also Roadside Assistance by Amy Clipston.
2. Memorize 2 verses
Since this didn't happen last month, I really want to put the time into memorizing two verses this month.
3. Apply and get a job for the summer.
I need to turn in my application and make steps to completing everything to have a job in place to start at the end of this month/beginning of June.
4. Finish the senior video
I need to make moves in getting the footage and finishing a senior video that me and my sister/cousin/friend are making for the three senior boys that go to our youth group and mean a lot to us.
5. Write a 700 word story
Since this also did not occur in April, I would like to make this happen during the last month before summer break begins!
6. Plan for a summer Bible study
I think it would be really cool to set up a summer bible study with someone or a few girls and so my goal this month is to make steps in making something like this happen, since we won't see each other as much due to not having youth group during the summertime.
What do you want to make during the last month before summer begins?

Eeek, congratulations on 100 followers, you really deserve it. ♥
ReplyDeleteLauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily
Ahhh thanks so much <3
DeleteSounds fun! Have a wonderful May! :)
ReplyDeleteAllie D.
www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com
Haha I love how your blog addresses are longer than your comment XD
DeleteYOU HIT 100 FOLLOWERS! Congratulations, lauren <3
ReplyDeleteoooh, that sounds fun to have a Bible study. I just don't know of very many people that would come to my house but if i did that would be a fun idea. sounds like you had a successful april! it's crazy to think that the end of the school year is almost here, i mean, WHERE DID THE TIME GO. it's so weird. it used to be that all the "older" people would always be like, "time flies when you get older." and now it's like, wow. it does.
Thank you! I think it would be an awesome way for me to be creative in planning a Bible study. I DON'T KNOW WHERE TIME IS GOING. it really does fly by
DeleteCongrats on 100 followers lauren! Hope you have a nice may!
ReplyDeleteNabila // Hot Town Cool Girl
thank you :)
DeleteIt sounds like you have had a successful month! Congrats on 100 followers - how exciting!!
ReplyDeleteSophia xx
A Lantern In Her Hand
The Inkpot Girl
I'm very excited! Thank you :)
DeleteWow, another congrats on your 100 followers! That is so awesome. :)
ReplyDelete~Emily
thank you for being part of the reason it happened :)
DeleteCongrats on 100 followers! And congrats on finishing most of your April goals! Good luck on your May goals ;)
ReplyDeletem.
thanks so much megann :)
DeleteSpring slips away so quickly, doesn't it? I feel like spring is always such a busy season and maybe that's why it goes so fast. This summer I plan to memorize a lot of Scripture! I never seem to memorize as much as I plan to...sigh.
ReplyDeleteFor the past several years I've been trying to memorize a whole book of the Bible. Right now I am 3 chapters into Hebrews and I am almost ready to start chapter 4.
I also need to enroll for college (I took a break from school and am getting ready to get back into school!) and start a summer Bible Study. The ladies from my church are studying Kathleen Nielson's study on Nehemiah this summer. I also may start playing with a local Irish band! We'll see how that goes.
Anywho...aside from that, my summer isn't looking too exciting apart from saving some money and turning 22. Have a great rest of the school year!
Dani xoxo
a vapor in the wind
Spring is so busy and I think it also goes by fast because you are so used to winter dragging by.
DeleteThat is so cool that you are memorizing Hebrews. I've memorized James but I don't think I could recall it at this moment in time.
Gahhhh!! Apply and get a job on this end as well. I have an meeting and application at a bakery tomorrow so *crosses finger*.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post Lauren!!
xoxo
Leah
GOOD LUCK. I need to find one and it's stressful
DeletePARTAY. goals are good and i am so glad you hit most of them. mostly i'm hoping to wrap school up, some books, and get packed for my internship and summer with adelaide thompson & co. i also have a wedding or two this month to attend (my best friend is getting married!!! oh goodness).
ReplyDeletehere's to sunny may. xx ♥
I love how you referred to it as summer with adelaide thompson & co. ;)
DeleteHUZZAH! so pleased, and so glad. getting ready for cally declan to live in my backyard. (i'm looking at you kid.) and getting ready to be free of school. God is good. amen. xx
ReplyDeleteamen xx
DeleteI really enjoy these monthly goals posts! You're doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteAw this means a lot, thank you!
DeleteCongrats on reaching 100 followers! And happy belated birthday. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful you have Scripture memorization as one of your goals. I highly recommend that you put the effort needed into it. My family and I have been memorizing Scripture for about seven years now and we've been wonderfully blessed.
Thank you Gloria!
DeleteIt really is a blessing and it really changes your mental perspective on life.
Yay for reading books and 100 followers! And what you said about living during finals really resonates with me! I completely agree that there is so much more life to live than we give these days credit for, even if that life looks like studying!
ReplyDeleteAs for my goals, I'm about to work on those, but I want to read more, create more, and hang out with my friends as I prepare for a summer internship as my church.
By the way, I tagged you for the Text Tag in my newest post!
Grace in Everything: The Power of Words