May 31, 2016

thoughts about mah seniors

As I write this, tears come to my eyes. It's honestly just a matter of knowing this is such a bittersweet topic and that addressing this issues brings a lot of complicated emotions in one package.
I have four very good friends who are seniors this year, and pretty much all of them are moving away. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned just a little bit about my thoughts regarding their graduation, but I wanted to put it all together to sort out my emotions.
Over the past year or so, we have grown closer together immensely. Each one has a different personality and different things I've appreciated about them.
The first one is moving away for over a year and basically I'll probably see him maybe two times if I'm lucky over the course of this next school year. This is the hardest goodbye for me; all of the other seniors who are leaving will be back and I will still keep in frequent contact with them. Even though all four of the seniors that are leaving will bring different sorrow to my heart in different ways, he is by far the one that I will struggle with letting go the most since the gap of time between his departure and when I see him again is a longgg time. And sometimes things just haven't felt the same when he was not at one event. I can't imagine what it will be like when he is never at anything.  
Something I struggle with is letting go of people who have become so much to me, and so not being able to hang out with him anymore is heartbreaking. Even though I trust God will do amazing things through him in the next year, it is time for the next season of our lives, meaning that his friendship with me and others at home will change. It's just hard to embrace that sometimes when that person has influenced not only you to become a better person but also has spiritually led those around you.

I guess ultimately what I'm trying to say is that each person brings something that is unique to them. Their unique personalities bring an aspect to my youth group and group of friends that is vital to the youth group functioning as it has been. Granted we have had our issues and sometimes we just haven't felt so close, but God has grown us closer together in ways I never imagined he would.
Losing such a big chunk of those spiritual leaders is hard this year, and I know that even though God will sustain me, I think it's okay to be sad because I am loosing a lot of people that mean a lot to me.


I just can't let it consume me and I have to open my heart to what God has next.

12 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully written and I can relate to it so much, thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can relate, thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you're feeling down! I too have some good senior friends who are graduating and off to college. It's hard seeing people you care about leave and move onto different things, but it is a part of life. We've got to trust God that he knows what is best for them.

    I hope you can all stay in connect over the years! But even if some of you do grow apart, you'll still have the lessons you've learned and the good memories you've made with them. God too has something special in store for you through all this :)

    With love,
    Elizabeth Anne
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, thank you for that reminder! :) I appreciate hearing from you, it's been awhile!!

      Delete
  3. I so relate to this! I don't really have many senior friends this year, but last year I did, including my sister, and it was so hard to see them go. It's just really bizarre watching them begin a new phase of their lives and realizing that you won't run into them every day anymore.

    It is such a comfort knowing that each friend was brought into your life for a reason, though, and the end, though sometimes bitter, can sometimes be really sweet. Like the end of a really good book or movie, ya know?? Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel. Thanks for putting your thoughts out there and encouraging others with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it will be weird that I won't be involved in the lives of the seniors, but like you said, each person is only in your life for a season. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I'm glad you can relate <3

      Delete
  4. Oh man! Goodbyes are always hard to do, especially when that person is an important part of your life. Praying for you, and yes, God has a plan for you and for him and for all the other seniors who are moving on to the next phase of their lives. Just trust in Him, and if you can, Skype often! :D It's always nice to keep in contact virtually <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! That is sooo true, I really love living in the technology age sometimes!

      Delete
  5. This is amazingly deep and beautiful. I love your writing. Keep up the great work, friend! :)

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some seasons of life are hard, aren't they? I relate to what you're saying here. It's hard to say good-bye to people, places and things when your not sure when the next 'hello' will happen, especially when they're such a part of your life.. Keep trusting in God, girl - He makes everything beautiful in His time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautifully written. This touches my heart in so many ways. One of the seniors in my life this year is my sister. It absolutely breaks me to think that she will be leaving youth group, and headed off to college in the fall. Our youth group has been so greatly effected by the seniors that are leaving this year, and it stinks to see them leave. It amazes me though to see where each one is headed with their life though, and how God is going to use each one of them for something amazing <3
    it's hard to say goodbye...

    m.

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥