One cold October night.
You don't usually think that anything can
come from a dreary month.
I turned off my car in the driveway of my
best friend's house.
I felt so incredibly happy and just sat in
awe for a few moments.
I knew that this was a night I would
remember for a long time, the memories I was sure to make with my friends.
Yet little did I know, for how long.
Looking up into the night sky, little
snowflakes filled the air.
The smell of winter, that just cannot be
described.
I put my hands in the pockets of my
coat.
All I could say was,
woah. i am so blessed.
Walking into the warm house, the sound of
chatter filled the air.
An occasionally candle was burning off the
scent of fall smells.
"Lauren!" I felt a pair of arms
circle me, and another, and another.
Tears glistened in my eyes, and I tried to
contain them.
Ella grabbed my hand and led me into
another room.
"Girl, we need to talk. Guess who's
here?"
"Who?" I sat on her bed and
tried to think of who was here that I wasn't expecting.
Her eyes sparkled and there was joy that
was bubbling out of her.
"Landen is here."
"Ella...he's in New York working with the mission house."
"No, he's not."
I blinked. "He's actually here?"
I practically ran out of the room and into
the dining room, with Ella behind me.
I wandered from room to room, admiring the
decorations and interior design Ella had worked so long on.
Eventually I had gone to all the rooms, but I still couldn't find him anywhere.
I shrugged to myself. "Ella is crazy."
I knew that Landen was off inNew York doing mission work. It was hard for him
to leave for four weeks, but it was also really hard for the rest of us.
Ella and CJ had been married for about five years, and had been a huge part in bringing us to meet each other.
Eventually I had gone to all the rooms, but I still couldn't find him anywhere.
I shrugged to myself. "Ella is crazy."
I knew that Landen was off in
Ella and CJ had been married for about five years, and had been a huge part in bringing us to meet each other.
I remembered the times that Ella told me about how Landen's face lit up when she told him about me. How she was so convinced that she was going to make sure we met each other.
As soon as I got to know him, and started to realize how much I appreciated his personality, it was time for him to leave.
I sighed, and walked back into the kitchen.
As soon as I got to know him, and started to realize how much I appreciated his personality, it was time for him to leave.
I sighed, and walked back into the kitchen.
This is breath taking and gorgeous and I love it!
ReplyDeleteOctober can be a dreary month...
xx
Emily
This is a beautiful piece of writing! I could totally envision the story <3
ReplyDeleteAlso, I don't know if I've already commented this but I LOVE the new theme :)
xoxo
I LOVE THIS ohmygoodness. and how i adore october. she's cold and she's bitter, but i'll grow in her just the same. ♥ xx
ReplyDeleteI always get confused when people say October is cold because in NZ it's spring :)
ReplyDeleteThose 'I am so blessed' moments are the best :) Beautiful writing ♥
Oh my, the bitterness in this... I can see this all happening in front of me.
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
gasp.
ReplyDeletethe end was...so heartbreaking but beautiful. more please? (: xxx
This is, like, wow! You're an awesome writer!
ReplyDelete~Sarah