August 4, 2015

Overcome

source 
There's a fight against so many things in this world. 
The main fight is against sin and the devil.
He puts lies in our heads about ourselves, our lives and anything else he can get us to believe.
He tries to entrap us in our sin and keep us from doing what God wants.
He makes us think that our sins aren't that bad.

Finding freedom from the lies and sin that entraps us, that is the best feeling in the world. 
Never let the devil entrap you in his lies about who you are.
Never let regrets and past sins that you are forgiven in, keep you from moving forward.
You are loved and forgiven.
With Christ as our strength, we are able to fight off sin and the temptations around us.

Matthew 26:41, "Watch and pray that you may not fall into temptation. For the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."

This is the story of my life right now. 

God is so much bigger than our sins and the devil, and it's through Him alone we are able to overcome our sins. 
Never let secret sins keep a hold of you. To make things right with the Creator, first acknowledge you have sinned and repent. And then tell someone in your life. The devil wants more than anything for our mistakes to consume us. I tell you this because I've felt it. 
You are free from your sin once you have repented, and you no longer have to stay enslaved to those sins. 

James 4:8, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and He will flee from you." 

8 comments:

  1. YES. Oh, yes. This is oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me cry. This is what I'm going through right now in my life<3
    Thank you so much for writing these posts about the Christian life:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This. Though our past sins come and haunt us, God is there to guide us through because He is kind. He is good. Thank you.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lauren, I SO needed this tonight <3 The last paragraph especially. :)

    xoxo
    ms

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how much I can relate to this at the moment. Or how much it's encouraged and helped me already. There were some things in my life that I knew I was doing wrong. I knew I was sinning by doing them. But lately, praying and fasting and holding onto my God, I have pulled through, only by His grace and love, for without it, I wouldn't have made it. I'm overcoming those wrongs and eliminating the sin in my life, I'm trying to keep my whole focus on Jesus. He is with me every step of the way. Because we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

    Thank you <3 Keep writing for His glory.

    -T. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Lauren :) I love the verses you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this. oh man.
    you ARE so the bomb, girl.

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥