![]() |
| source |
I know that it is the dreaded s word that we all don't want to hear, especially during the summertime.
Honestly though, it's coming around.
I've tried to ignore it, but the fact is, it keeps inching closer.
I don't want this to be a year of going through the motions.
Of being tired of school and dreading each day.
I want it to be my life.
I want to make the most of it and have the best experience I can.
Here's a few tips on having the right perspective and to be diligent this coming school year.
1. Designate a space. This is super cruitcal for getting your homework done if you have a space that you always go to to complete your homework. For me, I have a desk in my room at which I complete my homework at! Try not to do homework/schoolwork on your bed, because that can result in poor work or more distractions
2. Realize that school is growing you. School is an amazing place because it is preparing you for what you want to do in the future. Even though there will be pointless classes, wasted time, and annoying people, these are all preparing you for your work force in some way. You will meet many friends (if you go to public or private school, and if you go to homeschool groups) and can spend time making memories. School doesn't have to be a dull, boring experience.
3. Put away distractions. Distractions can take the form of people and culture, especially if you go to a private or public school. It can be tempting to act like the other people around you and not be Christlike. These distractions can distract you from what your main goal for the year is. Putting away distractions while doing your homework or schoolwork: (if you do school at home!) is important. Put the electronics away and concentrate on the task you have in front of you! The faster you get it done: the more time you will have to accomplish the things you want to get done.
4. Do at least one sport during the season or some sort of activity. I play softball, and I am thinking about joining key club or an organization that helps serve people with disabilities. For a successful school year, try to make sure that the mentality also falls on other people and/or teamwork. When you are enjoying yourself or trying something new and interacting with others, it really will make you feel better about your life. You don't want to look back in your college or married years and realize you should've spent more time getting involved in other activities.
It's going to be hard for me to choose one of these things to do: don't get me wrong. I really have to look beyond myself and there are many things to think about. It's always easier said than done.
5. Make time for family and friends. Even though school is HIGHLY important, make sure you have fun on the weekends, or go and meet friends for dinner one wednesday night. Don't let school limit you. Let the school year be a time where you can get all of your friends together since they are all in town (not out on vacation) and go to the school's football game. You'll make great memories that will last a lifetime.
Remember to work hard this semester and do your best. Grades are very important for your future, but remember that you're never going to be perfect. Learning means you'll make mistakes!
So lighten up, this school year is going to be filled with wonderful opportunities, and you'll grow in immense ways!
Here's a few tips on having the right perspective and to be diligent this coming school year.
1. Designate a space. This is super cruitcal for getting your homework done if you have a space that you always go to to complete your homework. For me, I have a desk in my room at which I complete my homework at! Try not to do homework/schoolwork on your bed, because that can result in poor work or more distractions
2. Realize that school is growing you. School is an amazing place because it is preparing you for what you want to do in the future. Even though there will be pointless classes, wasted time, and annoying people, these are all preparing you for your work force in some way. You will meet many friends (if you go to public or private school, and if you go to homeschool groups) and can spend time making memories. School doesn't have to be a dull, boring experience.
3. Put away distractions. Distractions can take the form of people and culture, especially if you go to a private or public school. It can be tempting to act like the other people around you and not be Christlike. These distractions can distract you from what your main goal for the year is. Putting away distractions while doing your homework or schoolwork: (if you do school at home!) is important. Put the electronics away and concentrate on the task you have in front of you! The faster you get it done: the more time you will have to accomplish the things you want to get done.
4. Do at least one sport during the season or some sort of activity. I play softball, and I am thinking about joining key club or an organization that helps serve people with disabilities. For a successful school year, try to make sure that the mentality also falls on other people and/or teamwork. When you are enjoying yourself or trying something new and interacting with others, it really will make you feel better about your life. You don't want to look back in your college or married years and realize you should've spent more time getting involved in other activities.
It's going to be hard for me to choose one of these things to do: don't get me wrong. I really have to look beyond myself and there are many things to think about. It's always easier said than done.
5. Make time for family and friends. Even though school is HIGHLY important, make sure you have fun on the weekends, or go and meet friends for dinner one wednesday night. Don't let school limit you. Let the school year be a time where you can get all of your friends together since they are all in town (not out on vacation) and go to the school's football game. You'll make great memories that will last a lifetime.
Remember to work hard this semester and do your best. Grades are very important for your future, but remember that you're never going to be perfect. Learning means you'll make mistakes!
So lighten up, this school year is going to be filled with wonderful opportunities, and you'll grow in immense ways!

Very true things, especially number 1.
ReplyDeleteI too have a desk to do home work at and I always try to organize it at the beginning of the year.
I'm hoping school won't be nearly as bad as last year, mostly in math since I'm taking Geometry this next year.
xx
Emily
Number 3 works best for me. I always get distracted by computers or electronics. Hopefully school will be better for me this year. : )
ReplyDeleteDistractions are a weakness of mine, although very minor; when it comes to studying vocabulary words my mind just goes onto another tangent like a comedy movie. O-O I really need extra-curriculars in my life, because though my grades don't always appear to be the best when I do extra-curriculars, my mood and my grades take a huge swoop, and it isn't the greatest thing to have happen-- I'm taking Pre-Calculus and Chemistry this year!
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
agh loved this post!!!!!! such great reminders. you actually inspired me for the upcoming school year! YAY ^-^ and that takes a lot, haha! thanks so much for sharing<3
ReplyDeleteBUT I FEEL SO HONORED TO BE FOLLOWING :')
Delete*waits on edge for lauren's next post*
Woooow.
ReplyDeleteSo I'm new to your blog, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I love the design and just after reading this post, I'm sure that I'll love reading all the rest! *tries to not get jealous of all the prettiness*
Ugh. School, though. School is hard. I've never liked school (and probably never will...), but these are good tips to actually try to get a little bit inspired. Thank you. ^.^
i love this post and all the tips you give for back-to-school! i'm actually done with school and will be starting an internship at a hospital next week, but i can easily see how this would apply to all of life as well. lovely post!
ReplyDeleteDear Lauren,
ReplyDeleteThis is PERFECT oh my gosh. Though I've technically "graduated" from homeschool, I still enter every new year with something I want to learn. I've been currently studying French, so I applied your awesome list to that and gosh, there are some things I can improve! (Like getting distracted on YouTube...oops.) #3 is something I definitely need to amplify in my life.
Okay, so your blog is gorgeous, Lauren. And you have a brilliant mind. This might sound a little weird, but I was literally having a kind of epiphany while reading this post...you are going to be so successful in life. Never doubt yourself, girl. ♥
love,
abbiee
These are perfect, I have my dreaded results day a week today and it keeps on reminding me that school is around the corner - eeek! A beautiful post :)
ReplyDelete~ My Blog ~
This was such an encouraging post-definitely applying it to my first year of highschool!
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting on my blog, I love yours.
~Kathryn
These are all really great tips, I really wish that I took up a sport during school!
ReplyDeleteThe Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog
Hi! I hope you check out my blog and please follow it by email. I hope you enter my current giveaway, and please share with family and friends. http://creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com/2015/08/its-time-for-a.html?showComment=1439583887901#c7369191739195586815
ReplyDelete~Ashley
This is an amazing post! I am really loving your blog. :)
ReplyDelete~Lady Claire