August 18, 2015

we're making time

source
So during the summertime, (i know, it's a touchy subject) my best friend and I spent a lot of time together, just because we didn't have school schedules and stuff to balance with.
It meant the absolute world to me. I enjoy spending time with her, so much. She's one of those people that encourages you and reminds you about the purpose of life.
I don't know, she's just too awesome to put into words. I'm not sure why I'm blessed with such an amazing person in my life. 
I expressed my concern with school coming up and how I was sad we might not be able to hang out as much. 
But I was reminded of the words, that we will still hit it up, we will still expand the amount of time we get together.  
In life, people honestly are going to make time for what is most important to them. If someone isn't making time for you, then that isn't your loss, it's theirs. When someone really cares about you and is going to be there for you, they'll make time to do that.
I've just realized how important that is.
That doesn't mean that people won't be busy, and will try super duper hard to fit you in, but they can't because of school, family events and sports. Those things take up a lot of time. 
But with this fast paced culture, where people overbook their schedules, the people you call your best friends should be the ones that make time for you. 

I'm so incredibly blessed to have a best friend who makes time for me when she can. 


p.s. thank you so much for 80 followers! It's an honor to have an audience that wants to read what I write. 

9 comments:

  1. I love this so much! My best friend and I are definitely going to try to make more time to spend together this year. Time- there just isn't enough of it!!
    Congrats on 80 followers! :) You deserve it:)
    xoxo
    Grace Anne
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so so true <3 those people are the best.
    congrats on 80!! that's a huge milestone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true! There are friends of mine who I thought would forget about me overtime and as we grew up and changed, they kept in touch, and my reaction was like yours when I thought how blessed I am for them to have them in my life. Congrats on 80 followers! Before you'll know it, you'll be at 100 and when you do, we'll host a party for you! :DDD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooooot, 80 followers! so proud and glad for you, girl<3

    also, very lovely and relatable post. i enjoyed reading it; it reminded me of one of my closest friends whom i thought would drift away from me after not meeting for a long time, but we didn't, and we kept in touch and it has been such a joy and a blessings from God to grow together. friendship is such a beautiful thing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. just stumbled upon your blog, and your writing is amazing! I look forward to more! Sneha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, I have been so grateful for the people in my life who deliberately make time for me. Sometimes I have been surprised by the ones who made time for me and the ones who eventually decided they just didn't have time...but ultimately I am simply thankful for the people who are there. Like you said, our culture moves fast. I have had to limit my schedule to make time for the people I care about but ultimately it's worth it. People are always worth it.

    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
  7. My best friends live so far away from me. We manage to text a lot, and we get to skype and facetime as much as possible as well. I so value time with my friends. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually feel this way when summer started. I see my best friends the most during school time. But, even with my mom's knee surgery, I still got to see them often and it was awesome. I can totally relate to your post. Love your writing, Lauren!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. You deserve every follower in that box.
    <3

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥