May 4, 2016

i'm not ready




Change.
I’m not ready for it.
As much as I get bored of the same old routine and embrace little changes in my everyday mundane schedule, change.
It scares me.
I’m not ready for the change in my friendships.
For the seniors to graduate.
For my summers to be filled with working at a job instead of innocent childhood play.

But sometimes I think I am ready.
To be able to drive all on my own.
To be able to have more freedom to visit my close friends.
But how do I deal with the fact that the friendships with senior friends will be changing?
When I finally have that freedom, my life will change.

A new year of academics.
A new youth group atmosphere as we lose so many important members.
But then how would God grow us if there was never change?
We would never grow as individuals into more of whom God wants us to be.
A change in our friendships, in our situations or in our academic status always has a purpose.
 Even if we cannot see it.

Sometimes friends are only here for a season of time.
 Even though I will be separated from some of my closest friends, maybe the change that occurs while they are gone will prepare me for when they return. 
The people that are in your life during high school may only be here for a season. 

I must remember that. That the change that is occurring will occur for the rest of my life. I will continually loose friends and make new ones as my life situation changes.
Lord, take my short view of life and extend it to an eternal view of what you are doing in and through me. Remind me that these things are temporary and that you are the only thing that does not change.

Amen xx

10 comments:

  1. What you said about friends is so true! Change is so hard for me, and its something I've had all my life. Moving, family relationships, friends and other things have always been changing. But if I have my eyes fixed on Jesus, I know he is someone who never changes and loves me no matter what, though I may change.
    Very inspiring post, Lauren, as always!!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true, he is the only thing that we are living for anyways and so yeah, basically everything you said XD thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Change is sooo hard for me. I've always had a hard time with change. It is so good to remember that God never will change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put this so well. Sigh. I'm not ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARE U KIDDING ME I'M FREAKING OUT LIKE WHAT THE HECK

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very good, so very true! Thank you for your beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed this... Change is quite possibly my least favorite thing in the world. Especially when it comes to friends :-/ Thanks :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need to pray this over and over again. thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've always been one ready for change, but as college quickly approaches, i know i need to start praying for God to give me the willingness to go where He wants me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise the Lord for a God who never changes even when our circumstances do.

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥