I look out my window and see the hustle and bustle of the city.
Society, culture, pressures, all a mind game.
I try to hide from the realities of this world.
But it is all so apparent.
Everywhere I look, I see the stain of sin.
Lord, how much longer do you have us here?
How much longer will we have to see the corruption of this place?
This world is a reminder that our joy cannot come from our circumstances.
Our joy needs to be fixed in an eternal being, our hope in something that will last longer than this corrupt world.
Take heart, for our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.*
Lord, may I look beyond my circumstances and see the work you are doing.
The glimpses of hope as you mold individual's into your likeness.
The beauty of a sunset.
The tenderness of an encouraging word.
May the lost and sinful people be motivation to be spreading the gospel rapidly.
Lord, may we see you at work in the midst of this chaotic world.
*1 Corinthians 4:17

Such a beautiful heart-cry. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading :)
DeleteI love this so much, and it is just so relatable for me. Thank you so much for this reminder! So often, I get caught up in this world and start to think that I am dependent upon it for my joy, but it does nothing but drain me, ya know? The only real, lasting joy can come from Jesus and his promises, and when we look around and see chaos we're motivated to spread the good news of the peace that passes all understanding! Again, thanks for this!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so true, when we look for joy in our circumstances and it doesn't happen, we feel dry...lonely, maybe. Thank you for leaving these thoughts, so encouraging to me :)
Deleteyou stole all my words. except this is gorgeous.
ReplyDeletexx
aw, thanks so much xx
DeleteAMEN. WOW. God is so good, and always holy. Always holy. All power and honor and glory to Him. Wonderful post, love. <3
ReplyDeleteAMEN AMEN. i can't wait until we can see his full glory revealed!
DeleteYour words always go straight to my soul. This. This is my heartbeat. I'm discovering more and more the beauty of joy and how it is independent of circumstances. And there is joy in being broken for the gospel.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Thank you.
so so true! it's hard to be independent from circumstances since they are real. but that's when faith comes into play: hope and joy in what we cannot see.
Deletethanks for commmenting xx
SO TRUE. "this world is a reminder that our joy cannot come from circumstances." preach it babe. true joy can only come from an unwavering source found in a holy and powerful God.
ReplyDeleteamen and amen and amen again.
isn't is so true though?
Deletewe tend to find joy in other things because we can see it happening. sometimes I wonder how many times I will have to be reminded and reminded again that my joy has to come from what I cannot see: in my faith.
thanks so much for reading, it means the world!
GIRL, as i was reading this, it reminded me of this book i have called The Valley Of Vision....it's like a whole bunch of revised Puritan prayers and stuff but it's so beautiful and AWESOME. But anyway, you should like make a devotional or something when you get older or whatever. You are such an inspiration, and the way you write is so touching and true. LOVE THIS SO MUCH.
ReplyDeleteOh sweet! I should check it out :) I actually have written a devotional, so just email me (the link is on my sidebar) if you would be interested in receiving it :)
DeleteThanks so much girl, for your comment <3
This... I understand so much. It seems so much easier just to shut it all out, and not have to worry about it, or strive against it. But we were left here for a reason, I don't remember the reference in the Bible, I think it's in Jesus' prayer in the garden. Anyways. Good post!
ReplyDeleteWOW. Beautiful post :)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
m.
This is so amazing! You really have the gift of ministering to girls and reaching peoples hearts with Gods messages! Thank you so much for sharing!<3
ReplyDeleteAmen! Thanks for this. It's very encouraging.
ReplyDelete"This world is a reminder that our joy cannot come from our circumstances."
This world is broken and hurting place, and we need to remember this so so much <3
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
ReplyDeleteDestinee Nicole | A Dash of Destinee