February 1, 2016

Making February Happen

 I have to admit, January went by SO fast. It's crazy how much time went by but it feels like I didn't accomplish a ton. I did however, complete 6/7 of my goals for this month and I'm excited to share my goals for February with you!



January Goals:
1. Start 2 Bible studies.
This happened! One of the Bible Studies hasn't been consistent, but I'll work on getting that one back up and running. It's hard to fit it in with two conflicting schedules sometimes.
2. Read 2 Books.
This happened as well! I read Home of Our Hearts and Writing in the Margins. You can check out my first ever book review on Writing in the Margins here.
3. Read from God's word every single day this month.
This happened! I read devotions everyday and also read from the word everyday. I am so grateful and have been impacted by the way the devotionals have been encouraging me to focus on Christ.
4. Memorize scripture. 
I memorized these three verses: Isaiah 40:28, Exodus 15:11 and 2 Corinthians 12:10. The first two verses I picked because they were verses I could meditate on that talked about God's character and how amazing his understanding, holiness and glory are. I picked 2 Corinthians 12:10 because sometimes we try to do everything on our own, and we don't realize that in our weaknesses, God makes us strong. He has a plan for our weaknesses, difficulties and hardships.
5. Write a 5 day devotional series. 
This happened! If you are interested in getting the email version of this devotional series, please email me here and tell me of your interest.
6. Bake/create a dessert I've pinned on Pinterest.
 This was the only goal that I didn't get to this month, but that is okay because it wasn't top priority. This will go on the goals list for February. I would have rather not completed this goal than to have not completed the memorization goal, etc.
7. Hit 90 followers. 
Thank you so much for those of you who followed my blog this month. I am so grateful for you reading and following along with my blog journey.


February Goals:
1. Read 2 books. This month I want to read Every Bitter Thing is Sweet,  Simply Tuesday and Keep it Shut. So if I can read three books, I really want to try, but these are also really long books and I want to savor them. So, basically, two out of the three is my goal!

2. Exercise 4 times this month for 30 minutes each time. I really want to make time to exercise and take better care of myself, so this is a good start. Then next month, especially with the temperatures warming up (hopefully!) I can start increasing the number of times I exercise a week. But for now, we will start with this.

3. Bake/create a dessert I've pinned on Pinterest.  I really love food and dessert, so why not take the opportunity to make something to enjoy? Sounds good to me, I just need to do it. Follow me on pinterest here! Because this didn't happen in January, I really want to make this happen this month. 

4. Read from God's Word everyday. I've really been blessed by the time I've been spending in God's word, and by the end of the year, this should be a given because it will be mandatory to me. But for the purpose to see by the end of the year if I have read from God's word everyday, I want to put this on the list. 

5. Email about career possibilities. There is this lady who is popular on the Christian radio station that my city has and I need to email her to learn more insight about what she does. I am interested in doing something with ministry and it never hurts to ask. I just need to get this done and stop putting it off. 

6. Go through my dresser/closet and see what things I don't wear anymore or don't fit me. Then, either put the clothing that I don't wear in a box for my sister when she can fit in my stuff or give it away. 




What do you want to make happen this month? 

12 comments:

  1. These are great goals!! And super inspiring to come up with monthly goals! Such a great idea :) And congrats on 90 followers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm so excited that I reached 90 but I'm at that point where I'm so excited because I'm so close to 100, ya know?

      Delete
  2. This are awesome goals Lauren! I am so happy that you accomplished most of them. This post has really inspired me to make goals each month and try to accomplish them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals, Lauren!
    You are seriously so accomplished <3

    I'm about to add you as a blog admin so that I can write out the interview and you can answer the questions through there. Does that sound alright?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a neat idea, it's cool seeing your goals met. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so awesome and so awesome that you met 6/7 goals for January! :-D So proud. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun. I wish you the best of luck with all these goals. I'm excited to read more of these kind of posts from other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, these goals sound beyond good and refreshing. Go for it and do your best. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren! You hit 90 followers?! I am so disappointed in you! I never did anything to you, why would you want to hit me?! Tsk, tsk. But I'm happy for those three lucky followers, whoever they were, who didn't get hit by you. *shakes head in disappointment*




    HAHAHA, JK, JK. Congratulations on hitting 90+ followers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These goals are so so awesome! Go you!! I can't wait to see the progress you've made by March <3

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥