The way that our relationships with other people change over time and even when the negative aspects of people are used by God to influence us can sometimes bring back memories. Sometimes, I wish that I could go back to the version of people I used to know.
That's why I love this quote so much:
"Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks."
This is my feelings put into words of what I would say to a person about how they have impacted me and how I miss who they used to be; and that even though they may not be doing the best things with their life, I want God to bless them.
****************
If you only knew how much you have impacted my life, and how much I wish that things could go back to the way they used to be. The choices you are making though, make me wonder if you really know what you are doing with your life. Your negative choices won't let you live the life that you were made to live. You definitely compare yourself to others standards instead of to God's standards.
But there are so many things that I still admire about you, and things that I wish you would realize. The way that you're hobbies are unique to you, and you don't quit when people make fun of you for them is something I admire.
You care about your schoolwork even though its tempting to slack off and just get away with "B's", and that is something I admire. I admire how you aren't vain about your appearance, but you seem comfortable with who you are.
I wish you would realize that when you talk to someone one day and seem to be interested in having a friendship, and then the next day you don't blink an eye unless the person comes and expresses interest in talking to you, that you become known as an inconsistent person.
I hate how you seem to flirt with everyone, even though you already have that someone special.
I don't like how your relationship with Jesus Christ doesn't seem very real and you don't really seem to live it out.
You make me question so many things and you make me so puzzled inside. I wonder if I can trust you, and I wonder if the things that have been told about you are actually true.
Is it true of the illegal things that you have gotten into, or is it all just a joke?
I hate how you don't seem to take serious relationships that you are in serious because of the multiple people that you have dated, even in this year.
God has taught me lessons through your life. One of them is that you can never rely or want to be in a relationship or friendship with someone so bad that you forget about your relationship with Jesus Christ and start to excuse the faults that are found in the person. HUGE faults.
The way that you influence me isn't always positive, but yet your life has had a positive impact on me through your negative actions.
I want you to know that I love you with the love that Christ has given us, and I am happy to say I know you.
I want the very best for you, and most of all, I don't you to get hurt through a negative decision you decide to make. I hope God continues to use your life to impact others, even though you have absolutely no clue how God used you to grow me closer to himself.
❤
****************
Have you ever been confused by a friendship (or one that you tried to create) and were utterly baffled and confused by the signals that you got from the other person?
You care about your schoolwork even though its tempting to slack off and just get away with "B's", and that is something I admire. I admire how you aren't vain about your appearance, but you seem comfortable with who you are.
I wish you would realize that when you talk to someone one day and seem to be interested in having a friendship, and then the next day you don't blink an eye unless the person comes and expresses interest in talking to you, that you become known as an inconsistent person.
I hate how you seem to flirt with everyone, even though you already have that someone special.
I don't like how your relationship with Jesus Christ doesn't seem very real and you don't really seem to live it out.
You make me question so many things and you make me so puzzled inside. I wonder if I can trust you, and I wonder if the things that have been told about you are actually true.
Is it true of the illegal things that you have gotten into, or is it all just a joke?
I hate how you don't seem to take serious relationships that you are in serious because of the multiple people that you have dated, even in this year.
God has taught me lessons through your life. One of them is that you can never rely or want to be in a relationship or friendship with someone so bad that you forget about your relationship with Jesus Christ and start to excuse the faults that are found in the person. HUGE faults.
The way that you influence me isn't always positive, but yet your life has had a positive impact on me through your negative actions.
I want you to know that I love you with the love that Christ has given us, and I am happy to say I know you.
I want the very best for you, and most of all, I don't you to get hurt through a negative decision you decide to make. I hope God continues to use your life to impact others, even though you have absolutely no clue how God used you to grow me closer to himself.
❤
****************
This
is a person that I have gotten to know better and watch from a distance the
choices they make. In the past couple of weeks, I have tried to built more of a
stable friendship...ya know, one that includes talking more than once a week.
But then I was influenced to try and be someone that I wasn't, and it wasn't
his fault, but God definitely taught me something through that. I knew that I
needed to step away and stop trying to force a relationship that may not even
need to occur.
Have you ever been confused by a friendship (or one that you tried to create) and were utterly baffled and confused by the signals that you got from the other person?
This post is soooo good! It's epically reliable to me because I've had relationships like this before. And what hurts the most is remembering how things used to be and sometimes, you can never get back to that. I really like it how you base your posts on things that happen in your life because it makes them even more relatable and honest. Keep writing!!:)
ReplyDeleteIn Christ,
Sarah
Wow. Did you just read my mind!?! I believe you did. ;)
ReplyDeleteI've been feeling the exact same way. A lot of my friends changed dramatically last year. Their personalities, attitude, looks, etc. They flirt more, they're boy crazy, and they crave drama. It's sad. Really sad. To see the friends you've known for years suddenly change into different people; trying to fit in with society. This post is something I really needed to hear. Thank you, Lauren. I love how your words spoke such truth and were right from the heart. So.Beautiful. <3
Friendships are so difficult to maintain because you can never quite read what the other person is thinking. I hate how you're not sure why one day they're talking to you, and the next they're not. Or why they're doing the questionable things they're doing. But if someone is making you unhappy, or they're being questionable, my advice would be to distance yourself a little. Realise they're not as close, or just accept their flaws and keep them. This was an incredibly honest post, so thanks for sharing, and I'm loving so many of your other posts too. So new follower <3
ReplyDelete-M
The Life of Little Me
This was such a beautiful post, I loved reading it :)
ReplyDeleteYou have a lovely blog.
(Fab name by the way ;) )
pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk
It's hard to let go of the simplicity of the past... And the complexity, because there are some attributes that are just complicated. Like, how could kids from four different social groups (this is what happened to me) all get along and somehow end up revolutionizing and defying the way social circles were in that time? And how could it break apart? This happened five years ago, and all of the memories that I had... They're so painful yet beautiful. And sometimes, I pretend to write as if I'm addressing my words to them; it makes me feel comfortable. :)
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
Thank you for that wonderful message, Lauren! I needed that today;D
ReplyDeleteLauren, thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love your blog too! And now I'm following it! :) Thanks again for visiting my blog, it means a lot to me! <3
ReplyDelete