![]() |
| Via Pinterest |
The coldness of Canada weather hit Michaela’s legs as she walked down
the sidewalk to get to the train station. Without a coat, and just a simple
cardigan on, regretting the decision she had made.
“I guess next time I should bring a coat,” She mumbled. The wind blew
her short, black hair in her mouth, and she struggled to pull the pieces out of
her mouth while navigating the dark streets.
As she approached the train station, she heard the whistle of the
incoming train. She could hear the breaks as the train came to a rumbling stop,
and the sound of people coming off the train.
Peering at her phone, she saw the blaring time of 5:30.
That was the exact time that her train was scheduled to come in.
Her heart skipped a beat, and she frantically started to run as fast as
possible. Reaching the ticket booth, she asked for tickets to Detroit.
“I’m sorry Madame, but this train to Detroit is sold out.”
“Sold out?” She sputtered; and finally coughed. “Umm…” she tried to
think quickly, “Can I get a ticket for a later departure?” Her whole body was
shaking in fear and coldness as she shifted her luggage to the other side of
her body.
“Let me check, it’ll be just a minute.”
Turning, she looked into the swirling white that was starting to fall
outside the train station.
“I’m sorry, there are no other trains headed for Detroit this evening.”
“You have got to be kidding me,” She muttered, “I CAN NOT believe that
I was not paying attention to the time and MISSED getting a ticket.” She angrily walked away from the train station, bumping into people as a result of her frustration. She walked over right in front of where the train was starting to leave the station.
She heard the train’s blaring horn as it left the station, headed for the
exact place she should be going.
Walking towards where the train was stopped, she watched it as it left
the station, going by in a flash.
Turning around, she headed back into the streets of downtown Toronto.

Beautiful! <3
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
Very interesting, Lauren! I want to read more:)
ReplyDeleteIn Christ,
Sarah
Thats an awesome storie, Lauren! I have also been writing a story for my blog, but it's nowhere near as great as yours! Lovely job!!!! I look forward to seeing more!
ReplyDeleteClara
This is beautiful! Good work:)
ReplyDelete