January 4, 2015

Q&A

I was so thrilled by the turn out of the number of questions that were submitted. Ya'll are so good at creating questions that are so fun to answer! Thank you all so much!

1. What are your views on dating/courting?
Dating and courting, in my opinion, both have their pros and cons. I personally prefer the road of dating. Dating has a lot of benefits in my opinion.  I know that any relationship that I get into will be a win.  How do I know, even though I've never dated before?  Dating can't be just all about marriage, because otherwise basically all dating relationships end in failure. I think that dating should be a time for you to learn to love another sinful human being with the love that Christ gives us. True love can't be defined, because God is love and God cannot be defined.  HOWEVER, I don't believe that just because you are in high school means you can date. Obviously if loving someone is the main goal and marriage is the desired outcome, then you should wait until you are ready for marriage. When you are in high school, I think you should concentrate on making guy friends and learning to love them as brothers in Christ and nothing more. There are a lot of things in your heart that need to be fulfilled in Christ before you can get into a dating relationship too. Finding full fulfillment in Christ, and then working together with another human being to live your lives for Christ is the best way to approach a situation. I think dating is a beautiful thing, and in fact, I haven't seen anyone in my personal life that has used the courting system. I think dating relationships should be handled in a way that even if they don't turn out, you are still friends afterwords. That way, there will be no regrets!

2. What are some of your book recommendations?
Christy Miller has been my favorite Christian book series EVER. I'm not kidding; I honestly love that series so much! Sometimes I would sit down a read an entire book because it was so good. I love how the author grew the main character, Christy, and led her to a youth group of people that led her to Christ. The way that she learns lessons as she grows up is so beautiful and I love how the author incorporates verses into the series as well!
The Divergent series and The Selection are my other favorite series!

3. What is your ultimate favorite movie or TV series?
This is so hard! When I was younger I didn't like watching music, but now I really do like them. Some of my favorite classic movies are Sound of Music (live version with Carrie Underwood) and Father of the Bride. I also like Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2! I really want to see Divergent but I've never gotten around to it. House Hunters or Flip or Flop are probably some of my favorite TV series. 
4. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
<EEK!> This is really scary yet exciting at the same time to think about! I would love to be married and working in some sort of ministry that involves talking to teenage girls about the struggles that they face and how to overcome them with Christ (and may include blogging).  That would be my dream for 10 years from now. :) 
5. Do you ever want to go to college? If so, what would you study?
I plan to go to college, but what I want to get a degree in is not spelled out yet. I want to do something along the lines of ministry with writing/blogging, almost like a Nancy Leigh Demoss or Erin Davis. 
6. What is your favorite summer activity?
I absolutely love camping if I'm with my cousins, and I also really love swimming! I really like most summer activities as long as I do with my friends and people I love! Watching fireworks, staying up late and riding bikes to different places are some of my other favorite activities.  
7. What is a funny/embarrassing memory you have from your childhood:?
The funniest one I can remember off of the top of my head involves my cousin. For the longest time, my older cousin, who is a guy and 2 years older than me, thought that if the wife drove the car with her husband in the passenger seat, that meant they weren't Christians. I would always be so surprised when people from my church would drive around like that, and I was shocked. I believed my cousin for the longest time, and it's kind of hilarious looking back on that, that we actually believed that. 
8. What, in your opinion, is the meaning of life?
The meaning of life is existing to glorify God and bring others to a relationship with Jesus Christ!
9. Have you ever knocked the back of a wardrobe?
Not that I remember, I don't think. ;) 
10. Do you like singing?
I LOVE singing. Am I good at it? Absolutely not! I try really hard sometimes, and I think that's why it doesn't usually sound good, in my opinion anyway. (And my sister!) 
11. Where are you looking at for college?
Well, I'm not really sure yet. I don't really know what for sure I want to do yet, either. 
12. What do you think of courtship?
I  think it's more of a personal opinion...in today's society, dating can be dangerous, but like I said before, if dating is done for the right reasons I don't think it should be a problem. I've heard that dating is dangerous to girls purity, but if she is so fulfilled in who she is in Christ and both of the people are looking to please Christ with everything they do, then it's the best way to go! It's easier said than done, but I think you create boundaries and stay accountable to them in a dating relationship, it's so beautiful! <3 I don't know all the details about courting, but I guess it's more of a personal choice. I personally don't think its the best way, or the way I will choose to go. 
13. Are you a dog or cat person?
KILL THE CATS. I hope that answers your question. ;) All cats do is cause me pain and I absolutely hate them and I'm not afraid to let people know that I hate them either.
14. How would you describe your style?
I don't really know, but I think I would describe it as a casual but stylish. I care about my fashion and what I wear a lot, and I really enjoy shopping at Hollister, American Eagle, JCPenny and Forever 21 (and other places like these). 
15. How do you cook your eggs?
If it's just me preparing eggs, I'll make a fried one. 

16. What inspires your writing and any other hobbies?
I really like writing because it allows me to create people and situations that I love or would like to have occur in my own life. Basically all of my friends and other writing that I read from other bloggers/even Erin Davis and people like that inspire my writing. 
17. If you could see anyone in concert, who would it be?
I would love to see Taylor Swift live in concert. I would also love to see Francesca Battistelli and also Steven Curtis Chapman again! Honestly, most people are exciting to see in concert, just because it's a concert!
18. What is the most important lesson you have learned in 2014?
Guys can't fulfill you the way that Christ fulfills you and gives you a reason to life your life. God is on the only thing you need to live your life, and is the reason that we live life in the first place!
19. What is your favorite book you read in 2014?
I honestly didn't read that many books last year, but I liked "To Kill A Mockingbird" and I  think I read the Selection series last year. 
20. What inspires you to stay pure?
In Matthew 5 it talks about "blessed are the pure in heart", and since it is God's command that we stay pure, not just with our bodies, but also in mind and soul, that is what challenges me and keeps me staying pure. 
21. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
I really like the letters to the Church, which include Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians. 
22. Favorite song at the moment?
Girl Almighty by One Direction and Feelings Show by Colbie Caillat 
23. Are you an extrovert or introvert?
I think I'm kinda a mix of both. I'm not super shy, but I'm not a big people person either. When I'm home by myself, I usually wish I was with people. But sometimes when I'm with lots of people, I wish I was at home. So, I guess it depends who I'm with!
24. What is your age/hair color?
I'm in high school and I have light brown hair! 


Thanks so much again for all of your questions, and I hope you learned a little bit more about me.
On Tuesday I will be posting another one of my recent stories, so stay tuned for that!

7 comments:

  1. I love your answers! I do agree that high school should just be concentrated on make guy SPACE friends. People are way too focused on that. You have a whole life time ahead of you to date, so don't waste it during high school! The Divergent movie is okay (though the Insurgent trailer does not follow the second book's plot). And Taylor Swift in concert! I'd love that she would come to where I live, but I live in such a small populated place that unless there was a state gathering there would not be enough people to fill in any sort of stadium.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! I loved reading them! I agree with you on your views of dating. My mom has been telling me to make guy friends so I can observe their character qualities and such so I can determined what kind of guy I want for a husband some day. But thats far away! Great Q and A by the way!
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing answers, Lauren.
    I'm so inspired by what you've said and by this post...thank you.
    I loved reading it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN TO DATING! I have read some books on courtship, and I honestly do not think it is necessary. Tbh, it's easier to fake a personality and godliness in a courtship than in a dating relationship. I also see a lot wrong with the über conservative lifestyle that the Duggar family is part of (not that my family is not conservative, cuz we are pretty darn conservative! I think you know what I am talking about). In courtship, you can only get those super conservative homeschool guys. Do not get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with that!! But, that's not the kind of guy I am looking for. Plus courtship is plain ol' awkward!

    I'm doing a Q&A too, so I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog and ask some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your answers, Lauren. Personally, the subject of dating and courting has puzzled me a lot. But, I think, recently, after listening to a lot of Taylor Swift music and seeing relationships end, I don't think I could go into a relationship without having marriage as the goal. But, I do think, however, that if God is the focus on the relationship, it can turn out for the best too. Both ways don't always work out. Thank you for your thoughtful answers!:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you go to a Taylor Swift, Steven Curtis Chapman, or Francesca Battistelli concert, you MUST TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!! Deal. ;)

    Oh, yah, I loved your answered too. ;)

    Love ya, girly! <3

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥